Wednesday, April 21, Thursday, April 22 & Friday, April 23, 2021
Trends in Trust Administration Services
- Team-Based Solutions to Trust Administration Challenges: Together We Succeed
- Identifying and Responding to Undue Influence Over Beneficiaries of SNTs
- Distribution Policies to Promote Positive Beneficiary Relationships
- Advocacy for Adults Over 65: Increasing Access to SNTs
- The Synergy of Trustees, Guardians and Trust Protectors in Maximizing Autonomy
- Demystifying Investment Management: Understanding the Basic Fundamentals to Improve Beneficiary Communications
- Are You Using the Best Technology Tools to Help Run Your Business?
- Medicare Supplements, Insurance Settlements & Special Needs Trusts
- Understanding Means Tested Public Benefits
Trends in Supporting People with Disabilities
- The Human Experience of Disability: Disability Culture and Self-Advocacy
- Trauma-Informed Care: Exploration of Practical Applications
- Alternatives to Jail: Diverting Those with Mental Illness Toward the Right Care
- Supported Decision Making: Strategies to Increase Self-Determination to Maximize Individual Choice and Control
- Assisting Beneficiaries and Their Families with Difficult Situations and Challenges
- Forewarned Is Forearmed: Addressing Overly Restrictive Regulations with Advocacy, Legislative & Litigation Action
- Lower Your Risk: Paying Caregivers & Employees from a Trust to Stay Out of Hot Water
- Data Security: Fiduciary, Regulatory Responsibilities & Liability
- Integrity of Pooled Trusts: Promoting Best Practices with a National Council
Professional Development & Innovation
- Life Planning Tools: Charting the LifeCourse Framework
- Happier Healthier You: Creating Meaning in Your Life
- Exploring Implicit and Explicit Bias: Promoting Social Justice Within Organizations
- Is Your Organization Using the Best Technology?
Pre Conference Session: NPA Member Day
Friday April 16, 2021 12 noon – 4 pm
12 pm: Welcome
12:15 pm: Updates from the National PLAN Alliance Board/Member feedback
12:45 pm – 1:15 pm: Introduction of New Membership
1:15 pm – 2:15 Round Table Discussions
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in Round Tables with other members who share a similar role from organizations across the country. Prepared facilitators will guide these discussions.
2:15 pm: Full Group Debrief & Discussion
2:45 pm: Session Close & Evaluations
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm: Happy Hour & Networking
The Conference provides a unique opportunity to engage like-minded professionals around the challenges and opportunities that we face every day.
Help us connect professionals who serve individuals with disabilities with the resources and tools they need to excel by sponsoring our Conference!